Are you looking for some quick and easy, yet cute, Halloween treats to make this year? This brownie recipe uses Jack O Lantern Peeps to add a fall touch to this easy recipe. When things get busy in the fall, it’s nice to have a few go to recipes that you can make to keep the season’s fun going. Simple Halloween treats like these brownies, our skeleton rice krispy treats, and Halloweenies are easy enough for the kids to make themselves.
We’ve had time to make these quick superhero luminaries and our Franken-cup but haven’t gotten around to making our DIY Halloween Glow in the Dark Window Clings this year. Easy recipes leave more time for Halloween crafting and activities and bring some easy Halloween fun to your kitchen table.
Easy Halloween Treats: Jack O’Lantern Brownies
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
Don’t forget to check Shopkick and Ibotta before shopping! I’m saving up my Shopkick points and Ibotta rebates until Christmas and using the money from Ibotta and the Shopkick Gift Cards for Christmas shopping.
2 Sticks unsalted butter
2 Heaping cups of granulated sugar
1 Cup cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 Cups of flour
2 Cups of milk chocolate chips
2 T Shortening to grease pan
1 Package of pumpkin marshmallow peeps
You will also need:
9×13 cake pan
Directions for this yummy Halloween Treat
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease your pan with shortening
3. Melt your butter in a microwave until it starts to bubble
4. Add sugar to your melted butter and mix well
5. Add your eggs and vanilla to your sugar mix and mix well
6. Now add the test of your dry ingredients and mix well with a hand mixer
7. Add in chocolate chips and stir
8. Pour your brownie batter into your greased pan
9. Bake for 25-28 minutes
10. Take your pan out of the oven, and carefully top off with pumpkin peeps
11. Place back into the oven for 5 more minutes
12. Take out of the oven and let cool on a wire rack
13. Cut into squares and enjoy!
The kids get a kick out of the gooey marshmallow Halloween brownies! It’s such a fun and easy Halloween treat to make!
My kids (and I) would love this! So easy and cute!
Echo recently posted…Hey, It’s Ok!
Good stuff! My entire family would love these, and most of all – my mom. She has an obsession with Peeps and she was so happy when they became available for other holidays. The pumpkin ones are pretty.
Tamara recently posted…Ghost Pudding Cups, Two Ways.
Thanks, Tamara! I don’t like to eat peeps by themselves but they are yummy in recipes.