I need to up my Halloween game this year, for sure!
We’re coming up with some more Halloween party treats so maybe I can add some goodies to my friend’s trick or treating buffet table that she sets in front of her garage. These would look awesome with the “Halloweenies” that my kids get a kick out of!
Spooky Skeleton Halloween Rice Krispies Treats
Skeleton Rice Krispie Treat Ingredients:
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience.
- 6 cups [easyazon_link identifier=”B001E6EEE2″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Cocoa Krispies[/easyazon_link]
- 1 package, [easyazon_link identifier=”B0005XN7SE” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]10.5 oz, Mini Marshmallows[/easyazon_link]
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00266PQ5A” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Wilton Sparkle Color Gels in White and Black[/easyazon_link]
Directions for easy microwave rice krispie treats:
First, generously grease a 10 x 15 x 1 jelly roll/[easyazon_link identifier=”B0026RHI3M” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]baking sheet[/easyazon_link] with [easyazon_link identifier=”B013KHMP02″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]cooking spray[/easyazon_link] and set aside.
Next, in a [easyazon_link identifier=”B00LGLHUA0″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]microwave safe bowl[/easyazon_link], add butter and marshmallows. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Check and microwave for another 30 seconds. Continue to microwave in 20-second increments until marshmallows are puffy and butter is slightly melted. The butter does not have to melt completely. My mixture takes 1:40.
Stir marshmallows and butter until all of the butter is melted.
Finally, you can add your Cocoa Krispies and stir well.
Last, spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly to flatten. Set aside to harden.
Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Or you can use a “[easyazon_link identifier=”B00GSV5K0K” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Gingerdead[/easyazon_link]” cutter! We’ve even used [easyazon_link identifier=”B003YUBQHO” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Ninjabread men cookie cutters[/easyazon_link].
Decorate the shapes with white sparkle gel for the bones/skeleton and use black sparkle gels for the eyes and mouth.
This is a fun and easy snack to serve as Halloween party treats. Or you can make them with the kids just because! Does it really have to be Halloween to make fun skeleton snacks?
For more easy Halloween party treat ideas: 25 Cute Halloween Treats to Make This Year!
Looking for healthier every day snacks for kids? Subscribe and download my 50 Healthy Snacks for Kids printable!
- 6 cups of Cocoa Rice Krispies
- 1 package of 10.5 oz mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbl butter, cut into chunks
- Wilton Sparkle color gel in white.
- Wilton Sparkle color gel in white
- Generously Grease a 10 x 15 x 1 jelly roll/baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Make Rice Krispies Treats according to package on stove top or:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine butter and marshmallows.
- Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Continue to microwave and check mixture in 20 second intervals until marshmallows are puffy and butter is slightly melted.
- Add cocoa krispies and stir well.
- Spoon mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten.
- Set aside to harden.
- Once hardened, use a "Gingerbread" Man cookie cutter to cut out shapes.
- Decorate with cookie gel to add bones and face.
- Yummy Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000SE3U9Q” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Halloween Cookie Cutters[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B005BPU1P8″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Edible Googly Eyes[/easyazon_link]