Christmas is the best time for crafting! I am sharing this fun and easy no sew Burlap Angel Christmas ornament. This is an easy craft that even kids can make. I love how classy and simple this handmade Christmas ornament turned out.
It can be a little difficult to explain though, so make sure you watch the video to see how to make it!
Burlap Angel Christmas Ornament
Affiliate links are included for your convenience.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00MXBEIJI” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Burlap[/easyazon_link]
–6″ x 10″ for the body and 6″ x 6″ for the wings
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01HEPXEE2″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Twine[/easyazon_link]
- Plastic Shopping Bag
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01BRGU8R0″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Scissors[/easyazon_link]
- Ruler or [easyazon_link identifier=”B000B7Q9FM” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Tape Measure[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00NIG7P6U” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Silver Pipe Cleaner[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000NHZ3IY” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Tape[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01178RVI2″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Hot Glue[/easyazon_link]
Don’t forget to use the coupon code GYMCRAFTLAUNDRY in my Etsy Christmas Ornament shop! You save 30% and get free shipping!!!
Directions for this no sew Angel Ornament:
First, prepare your materials!
Cut a piece of twine, about 12″ long and set aside, but within reach.
Ball up the plastic bag tightly and secure with tape.
Place your piece of body burlap onto a flat surface. Measure about 2″ in from one end and place your plastic bag ball in the center.
Wrap the burlap around the ball/head and hold the end tightly. Secure with the twine.
Fold your smaller piece of burlap into an accordion fold and press firmly to create creases.
Pinch in the center and place the wings, behind the head and secure them with the twine.
Wrap the bottom portion of the body up and around to the back of the head and secure with twine.
Fold a silver chenille stem into a circle, about the size of a half dollar and wrap the ends together to secure. Affix the halo to the top of the head with hot glue.
Tie a small piece of twine using a slip knot and affix to the back of the head with hot glue.
How easy is that? Make a bunch and give them to friends and family members as gifts.
Still unsure about how to fold them? Watch the video so you can see how I do it!
These beautiful nature inspired ornaments from Rainy Day Mum are sure to be a hit too.
You might also enjoy these posts during this time of year:
Have a Merry Debt Free Christmas!