There is a misconception about homemade Christmas ornaments. Many novice crafters think that crafting homemade ornaments is cheaper than buying ornaments. It is sometimes. If you have a basic craft supplies stash and craft often, then it is usually cheaper to make them.
If you buy supplies from the Dollar Tree when you can and use craft store coupons, then the cost in materials is negligible. However, the value of homemade ornaments far outweigh the material cost. Memories are made crafting the perfect ornaments together as a family.
Craft these pretty homemade Christmas pinecone ornaments holiday ornament using items from your local dollar store. Here is how to get started.
Dollar Tree Glitter Pine Cone Wreath Ornament
- Glitter pine cones (Sold for $1 a bag at your local Dollar Tree)
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Ribbon of choice
1. These pinecones are easy to craft with. You will see how easily they interlock together. Start by arranging them into a circle to see how big you want the ornament to be.
2. Apply glue to the ends of one side of the pinecone. Press another pinecone to the glue and hold until secure.
3. Repeat, adding an additional pinecone. Continue until your circle is complete.
4. Cut a length of ribbon and run it through the circle. Tie into a bow at the top for hanging.
You can craft these in a variety of colors as Dollar Tree carries these crafting pinecones in red, gold, and silver. Or, you can spray paint pinecones prior to crafting to get the colors you want.
Your pinecone holiday ornament is ready to go on the tree. One thing we like to do is craft many ornaments and to distribute them to friends and family! Grandparents and neighbors love getting gift boxes with homemade ornaments to add to their tree. It’s a great way to spread cheer and have fun!
Do you craft at Christmas your know someone who loves to craft?
Be sure to check out our new Santa’s Sleigh Map Ornament!