These easy Saint Patrick’s Day Cheerios Snack Balls are sure to be a hit this spring!
If you follow me on Pinterest (and you should!), then you know that I love holiday food. Sure we wear green and pinch each other first thing in the morning (except my son who wears green every day), but we don’t do the leprechaun trap or antics. That’s a lot of work.
But…seeing as we love Cheerios Peanut Butter Balls and our Rocky Road Cheerio Balls were such a big hit, I couldn’t help making some Saint Patrick’s Day snack balls.
This is a great Saint Patty’s Day party snack!
St Patrick’s Day Cheerios Peanut Butter Balls
Ingredients for these Cheerio Snack Balls
Affiliate links are included for your shopping convenience.
Rack up that rebate money! Make sure you check Ibotta before you go grocery shopping! It’s so easy to earn rebates and brands often promote seasonal items with extra rebates and coupons.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 3 TBL Butter
- 1/2 10 oz bag mini marshmallows and 1/2 c marshmallows set aside
- 2 TBL white chocolate chips
- 25 Green Chocolate Melts
- Green and White Sprinkles
In a small saucepan, heat butter on medium heat until melted.
Next add the nut butter to the melted butter and stir until combined. We use almond butter because my daughter is allergic to peanuts. However, I’ve made it both ways (I just love peanut butter, myself, and both versions have been yummy.) Add about a 1/2 bag of marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
Turn off the heat and pour the mixture into a large bowl.
Add the 5 cups of cheerios and the remaining marshmallows.
Stir the sticky mess until it’s mixed well!
Spray your hands with cooking spray or rub with coconut oil to make rolling balls easier. Trust me, you don’t want to skip this step. I wear food prep gloves and still rub my hands with oil.
Roll and shape the cheerio mixture into balls.
Place white chocolate chips into a plastic zip top bag but leave the bag open. Microwave 30 seconds, knead, and return to microwave in 15-second intervals, kneading after each time. When completely melted, seal bag and snip the corner.
Drizzle melted chocolate on a few balls, about 3, and sprinkle with sprinkles before they harden. Melt chocolate again if needed and drizzle on another few balls.
Place green candy melts in a sealable bag but don’t seal until it is melted. Heat for 30 seconds and then knead. Continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, kneading after each interval until melted. Seal bag, snip the tip of the bag and pipe shamrocks onto the balls. Let set to harden.
How cute and easy is this to make? These are perfect for classroom parties or just some Saint Patrick’s Day fun.
I love that cheerios are now gluten free and low in added sugar. I like to wait until they are buy one get one free at Publix and then I stock up. Want to tone down the sugar?
Try this easy cheerio ball variation
Are you worried about having excited kiddos bouncing off the walls? Sometimes I simply omit the marshmallows. This step will also make the treat vegan. If you want to keep the marshmallows, my cousin swears that the vegan marshmallows at Whole Foods are delicious. Don’t worry about the balls losing shape. The nut butter will keep the balls formed. However, I like to keep mine in mini muffin tins in the refrigerator until it’s time to prepare for our annual corned beef and cabbage dinner.
Tip: Our annual Saint Patrick’s Day dinner is so much quicker now that I have the Instant Pot. Check out our instant pot corned beef and cabbage recipe. It is a huge time saver!
Saint Patrick's Day Cheerio Peanut Butter Ball Snacks
This easy gluten free snack idea is perfect for your Saint Patty's day party! Kids love the cute shamrock and sweet taste.
- 1/2 cup Peanut, Almond, Soy, Cashew, or Sun Butter
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 3 Tbl butter
- 1/2 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows, 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows (set aside)
- 2 Tbl white chocolate chips
- 25 Green Chocolate Melts
- Green and white sprinkles
- Heat butter on medium heat
- Add the nut butter and gently stir
- Add 1/2 bag of marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the cheerios and the marshmallows you set aside.
- Roll into ball shapes. (Spray your hands with cooking spray, rub will oil, or wet hands to make rolling the balls easier.)
- In a zip top bag (unsealed), microwave then knead, the white chocolate chips for 30 seconds, if not melted, microwave then knead an additional 15 seconds until melted.
- Drizzle 2-3 balls with the white chocolate and sprinkle the sprinkles on it before the chocolate hardens.
- Repeat a few balls at a time. If the white chocolate hardens in the bag, pop back into the microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Repeat step 7 with the green chocolate melts.
- Once melted, seal the bag and snip a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Pipe a simple shamrock shape on each cheerio ball. Let chocolate harden.
More Cheerios PB Balls:
Rocky Road Cheerios Peanut Butter Balls
Banana Nut Cheerio Peanut Butter Balls
No Bake Cheerio Butter Bars Recipe
Kathy Radigan says
What a fun treat to make. Since my son is allergic to PB I’m going to use soynut butter, but I know my kids will adore them!!
Janine Huldie says
I happen to love St. Patrick’s Day and is one of my favorite days of the year believe it or not. So, am always on the lookout for new treats for the day itself. Totally pinned and am going to try these. Thanks!! 🙂