Are you one of the many moms that just don’t have the time to go out and buy those ingredients and make them (even though they are all quick crafts?)
I have most of the supplies on hand so making them isn’t difficult–but many times I am just too busy to make them.
Last week, when I was running around town grabbing my son’s birthday gifts and planning an impromptu trip to Universal Studios Orlando for the weekend, I knew I couldn’t fit in time to make some fresh carsickness air fresheners for Pea. She does NOT do well on long car rides.
I stopped at my favorite health store, The Vitamin Shoppe, to grab some last minute items and the spearmint essential oil from Aura Cacia that I prefer in my carsickness scent blend. (They have a great rewards program if you regularly buy vitamins and fitness supplements.)
They had portable USB essential oil diffusers on sale so I grabbed one to try.
How to use a portable essential oil diffuser in your car for carsickness or nausea.
Affiliate links are included for your convenience.
- Sparoom Aromifier USB/Battery operated portable diffuser
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00I7YFSZI” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]diffuser pads[/easyazon_link] (comes with the diffuser but are available separately also)
- 2 drops [easyazon_link identifier=”B00TSTZQEY” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]lavender essential oil[/easyazon_link]
- 2 drops ginger essential oil [easyazon_link identifier=”B018F58Z1W” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]ginger essential oil[/easyazon_link]
- 1 drop [easyazon_link identifier=”B010RJFNFA” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]peppermint essential oil[/easyazon_link]
- 1 drop [easyazon_link identifier=”B00474WKW6″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]spearmint essential oil[/easyazon_link]
- 1 drop of [easyazon_link identifier=”B01LK643T6″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]almond oil[/easyazon_link]
My thoughts on the product.
I love the little portable diffuser. It freshens the bathroom when not in use in the car.
I use a few drops of Purification on a new pad in the bathroom. It’s the perfect solution for little, enclosed spaces.Write the oil’s name on a zip lock bag. Store the pads in it when not in use, you can recharge each pad with the same oils when you want to use it again.
I still prefer my aroma bead sachet air fresheners (see how to make it here) for everyday use in the car. The portable diffuser scent fades quicker than the aroma beads and will end up using more drops if used every day.
You might also like:
If you want to learn more about essential oils, register now for my free 14 Day email course: Essential Oils 101