One of the side benefits of decluttering is all the cool stuff I forgot I had. Today I came across another old stash of scented wax cubes. So I decided to use them up and give them away as gifts. The following is a DIY car air freshener that is probably too easy to be called a “tutorial” on how to make a homemade car air freshener with scented wax cubes.
I don’t use candles or artificially scented wax cubes in my home anymore because it affects our allergies but my sister loves them. I’ve also had a few readers contact me asking how to make a wax warmer out of a mason jar for the car.
This DIY air freshener idea works very well in the warmer months.
DIY Homemade Car Air Freshener
Affiliate links are included in this post.
Materials you need for DIY Wax Air Freshener
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0131G26EM” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]4 oz or 8 oz mason jar[/easyazon_link]
- regular mouth [easyazon_link identifier=”B01DFKFKUQ” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]daisy cut mason jar lids, [/easyazon_link] [easyazon_link identifier=”B07FCXMB4L” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]frog lid[/easyazon_link], or a [easyazon_link identifier=”B07Q6BZJ5L” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]mesh sprouting lid[/easyazon_link]
- scented wax melts (If you don’t have any I love these on ETSY!)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B013F43CP2″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]regular mouth jar rings[/easyazon_link]
- optional* cute custom jar labels (great for when you are gifting the air fresheners)
*note I prefer to use 4 oz jars for this project because the jar sits lower in the vehicle’s cup holder and is less likely to spill.
How to Use Soy Melts or Scentsy Wax Air Fresheners in Car:
Ready for the super complicated directions?
Open the jar.
Open the package containing the scented wax cubes.
Break off two scented wax cubes.
Place them into the jar.
Put the daisy lid on top of the jar and screw on the lid ring.
Place in an out of the way cup holder.
You made your own car air freshener.
Good job. See, you can be a crafter too.
You want to know what’s scary about this project. It works surprisingly well. It takes no time at all for the wax to melt in your car with your windows up.
Think of this when you have your child in the car. I personally like the idea of leaving your left shoe in the back of the car with the baby. No matter how tired or frazzled you are, you will not forget to grab your shoe next to your sleeping baby.
We live in Florida and it is heartbreaking that at least one child dies in a hot car each year.
Looking for more homemade car air freshener ideas?
- 4 oz mason jar
- daisy cut lid
- scented wax melts
- regular mouth jar lid rings
- Open the jar.
- Remove two wax blocks from package.
- Put inside jar.
- Place daisy cut lid on jar.
- Screw on lid ring.
- Place in car.