My kids and I love it when we put the fun in functional! This easy Decoupage Halloween Treat Bucket is a craft little trick or treaters will be proud of. Actually, most of our decoupage crafts are useful items like the pen canisters, treat cups, and planters.
My kids definitely enjoy our decoupage kids crafts the most.
How to decoupage a Halloween Treat Bucket
Materials for the Halloween Bucket
(affiliate links are included for your convenience.)
- 1 milk jug, empty and washed
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00KKN89PK” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]green tissue paper[/easyazon_link]
- mod podge
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B001B19JLS” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]black electric tape[/easyazon_link]
- white scrap paper
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0090JVBP0″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]circle punch (3/4″)[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00002X204″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]utility knife[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00006IFHD” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]permanent marker[/easyazon_link]
- paint brush
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0006OKGY0″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]ruler[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0006HUQZ6″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]stapler[/easyazon_link]
Use a ruler to measure about 4-5″ from the bottom of the milk jug.The easiest way to do this is to set the jug and ruler on the table as shown. This will ensure it’s level and the line drawn is even. Depending on your milk jug, the height may be higher or smaller. I stopped where the jug began to taper to the top. Draw a line with a black permanent marker
Use a marker to draw on the milk carton to create a handle. Use a utility knife to cut out the milk jug on the black line. Cut around the spout of the milk jug and discard.
Use a stapler to staple the two pieces of the handle together.
Cut tissue paper into 1.5″ squares. Use mod podge and a brush to affix tissue to the milk jug. Cover the entire jug except for the handles. Let dry completely.
(tissue paper was overlapped along the top edge of the jug)
Once dry, use black electric tape to wrap the handle of the jug.
To make the hair, line three pieces of electric tape together, overlapping slightly. Trim ends to make them even. Cut triangle hair into the tape and attach to the jug. Overlap the tape slightly on the top edge of the jug.
Next, you use a circle punch to cut out white paper eyes. Attach with mod podge.
Use a small piece of electric tape and cut it in half for eyebrows.
Cut out a mouth with scissors and add thin stitches with electric tape.
To make eyes: Fold a 2″ piece of tape in half. Punch it with the circle punch. Carefully slide the circle back into the punch and offset it so you can punch an oval. Repeat for the second eye.
Affix with a small dab of mod podge.
Finally, add eyebrows, mouth, and stitches that you cut. Press firmly onto the jug.
Now you have a perfect Halloween Trick or Treat Bucket!
Looking for more Halloween decoupage crafts? Try this little Frankenstein cup.