When you live in a state that is nicknamed “The Sunshine State,” you probably can’t imagine the joy of having the wet cold of winter seep into your bones. But it happens. Going to theme parks when the crowds are the thinnest is a lot easier when you have a warm mug of cocoa in your hands. It’s also the best time to go.
Take a look at these 20 mouthwatering hot cocoa recipes. While it is easy to just mix up a cup and go, there’s something to be said about fancying it up for special occasions or just for fun!
Who knew that you could make hot cocoa brownies, pancakes, cookies, donuts, and even dip! (It’s funny what foods I am drawn to when I am trying to go from overindulging through the holiday season back to my normal mantra of “sweets in moderation.” They just look so yummy.)
20 Sensational Hot Cocoa and Hot Chocolate-Inspired Recipes
- White Christmas Cocoa from I Heart Naptime
- Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate from The Recipe Critic
- Lavender Hot Cocoa from Freutcake
- Salted Caramel Frozen Hot Chocolate from A Night Owl Blog
- Irish Cream Hot Cocoa Bombs from Wondermom Wannabe
- Microwave Hot Cocoa Mug Cake from Ripped Jeans and Bifocals
- Gingerbread Hot Cocoa Bombs from 3 Boys and a Dog
- Hot Coca Brownies from Chef in Training
- Hot Cocoa Fudge from Wine and Glue
- Hot Cocoa Pancakes from Wine and Glue
- Hot Cocoa Cookies from Glorious Treats
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Recipe from Ruffles and Rainboots
- Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Dip from Inside Bru Crew Life
- Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream from Beyond Frosting
- Easy Snowman Hot Cocoa from Gym Craft Laundry
- Champurrado Mexicano from My Stay At Home Adventures
- Christmas Hot Cocoa Bombs from Wondermom Wannabe
- Hot Cocoa Ice Cream from Delish
- Candy Cane Hot Cocoa Pops from Boulder Locavore
- Hot Chocolate Donuts with Marshmallow Frosting and Chocolate Glaze from Love From the Oven
I’m over 40 so while I’d love to stuff hot cocoa treats into my face all day, I can’t. I tend to go a wee bit overboard with sweets. But…it doesn’t hurt to look, right? It’s fun going through recipes and putting them on my cheat meal wish list.
Pick a few of these hot chocolate-inspired recipes to try with your kids!
You might enjoy these posts too!