Some people get spring cleaning fever. I am the exact opposite. Once school starts, I get the itch to decorate. Of course before I re-decorate, I have to get rid of the extra stuff we have accumulated. Our house is very “kid friendly” and kind of boring. We have some pops of interest like the foyer landing zone with my 5 minute burlap wall art but for the most part my house is really boring.
The kids are older now which means that maybe we can have nice things again. (At least I hope so!)
Over the next month I am making some easy and thrifty changes to make my home feel more like a haven.
For someone that wants to add a little personality to their spaces, decoupage is a simple craft to try! Most people think of fussy victorian looking collages when they think about decoupage. However paper, glue, and a nice finish can make for some gorgeous decorative touches. I’m rounding up some ideas for inspiration!
- Decoupage Clothes Hangers | J-Man and Miller Bug
- Decoupage Flower Pot | Gym Craft Laundry
- Decoupage Clothes Hangers | Martha Stewart
- Decoupage Clothes Hangers | Craft and Creativity
- Decoupage on Glasss | Home Talk
- Tin Can Succulent Planters | Gym Craft Laundry
- Decorative Coasters | J-Man and Miller Bug
- Popsicle Bracelets | Suzy Sitcom
- Decoupaged Knobs | Heartwarming Vintage
- Marvelous Show Makeover | Catching Fireflies
- Decoupage Wall Art | Paint and Pattern
- Decoupage Soap Dispensers | Everyday Dishes
- Decoupage Birdhouse | Garden-Art-Projects
- Decoupage Suitcase | The 36th Avenue
- Decoupage with Peacock Feathers | Simply Fun Stuff
Furniture, vases, bookshelves and more. The sky’s the limit when it comes to decoupage crafts. I’ve upcycled tin cans, oatmeal containers, and even mason jars for use all over the house.
I lean towards rustic and country cottage styles according to my home decor pinterest board. I can’t wait to get started on my living room update!
Follow Gym. Craft. Laundry.’s board Home Decor Accents on Pinterest.