Holiday season is here and that means it’s time to start planning all of the fun holiday parties. I can get behind a good holiday party, but it has to be easy! (Pretty much a requirement for most of the things I do!) I wanted to share my top tips and practical advice for planning an easy holiday party, without all of the trouble.
Easy Holiday Party Tips
- Use paper products– Nothing helps you plan an easy holiday party more than using paper products. Nobody wants to spend the entire evening washing dishes.
- Keep the numbers low– You don’t have to throw a large extravagant party to make it fun. By keeping the numbers low, you’re keeping your stress level down. I tend to avoid throwing parties because I have a large family so any get together fills the house, but I never regret it!
- Keep the dishes simple– Instead of picking complicated holiday dishes, try to keep them extremely simple. My cheese spring rolls are a family favorite.
- Work smarter not harder– Use a slow cooker if you need to. You don’t want to spend hours “cooking” over a stove, so take advantage of tools that can help and not harm you.
- Invite via email or facebook– If you don’t have time to mail out invitations, send an invite via email. This saves time and your friends and family will have a visual reminder via their email.
- Serve appetizers instead of entrees– If you’re having a lot of people over, try serving sets of appetizers instead of entrees. Maybe more dips and veggies instead of pot roasts and turkeys.
- Do crafts instead of games– Entertaining your guests can be really time consuming. Set up a craft table with various supplies and allow your guests to have at it.
- Gift exchange– Instead of spending hours planning an individual gift exchange, give everyone a name to buy for. This eliminates stress and blowing the holiday party budget.
- Ask guests to help– If you don’t have the time and energy to cook for dozens of people, ask your guests to help you out. They won’t mind bringing a side dish as long as you’re hosting.
- Get help cleaning the house– One big issues with hosting a holiday party is the amount of cleaning that goes into it. Get help cleaning the house or do it over several days!
Planning an easy holiday party is about doing whatever it takes to keep it simple. Use these tips to plan an easy holiday party and to keep the stress at bay.