As a busy mom, my time is strictly scheduled, this is especially true during soccer season. I have to take shortcuts just to get everything done. Balancing the house, working out, my deadlines, and the kids’ schedule is not easy. And homemade wipes are the ultimate shortcut! I practically use wet wipes for everything.
Since working out is how I maintain my sanity. I do my best not to skip the gym. However, I do tend to skip out on the post workout shower.
I prefer to shower at home–who doesn’t? But when things get busy, I minimize travel time with logistics.
I am more productive in the mornings so I work after school drop off until it is time to go to the gym. I work out, stop at the grocery store if I need to, then go straight to the school to pick up the kids. Picking up the kids is the only thing I am never late for so there is no wiggle room. There are no deviations when it comes to the end of my workout. That said, I work out non-stop up until the absolute last second then run to my car.
Forget the shower!
Luckily for me, and the parents that I pass on the way from the parking lot to where the kids are all waiting, I make personal body wipes. They are cost effective, easy to make, and easy to take with me. It’s what I like to think of as the Gym Craft Laundry trifecta–cheap, easy, and portable.
Homemade post workout wet wipes
Affiliate links are included for your convenience.
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 tsp baby wash
- 1 tsp fractionated coconut oil or identifier=”B000GCJM06″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]baby oil[/easyazon_link]. The fractionated coconut oil has the antifungal properties of Coconut Oil but in a liquid form. This is a great alternative for those who aren’t comfortable with using baby oil, which is a by-product of oil refinery.
- 1 square plastic container
- 1 drop tea tree essential oil. Tea tree oil has astringent properties and is great for skin support. I found that including the tea tree oil keeps the wipes from mildewing for weeks.
- 2 drops lemon essential oil. Lemon oil cuts the strong smell of the tea tree and is also a cleansing oil.
- 3-5 drops purification essential oil. Purification has a very pleasant smell. It banishes unpleasant odors.
- Bounty quilted napkins. (I prefer to use Bounty because they are stronger and more durable. As a Charmin brand ambassador, I had an opportunity to visit one of the Proctor and Gamble corporate locations. I witnessed product demonstrations and got an in depth education on the technology P & G uses on their paper products. I was highly impressed!)
Improve your family’s overall health with simple do it yourself natural solutions. Take this FREE class and learn which oils to use, when, why and how! Click here
Mix the oils, and baby wash in the square container. Make sure to gently stir so as not to cause bubbles.
Grab a stack of napkins (approximately 2 inches thick) and press into the plastic container.
If there is too much liquid and the wipes are too wet, add more napkins.
Place the lid on the container and flip upside down so that the solution can distribute throughout the wipes.
Toss the entire container in your gym bag or put a few in a plastic bag.
Go work out.
Then wipe all that sweat off!
The wipes are lightly scented with cleansing essential oils. The tea tree oil helps to keep the homemade wet wipes from mildewing and is great for skin support. However, if you workout often then you won’t have to worry about that!
I use these wipes for everything. I like to throw them in my son’s soccer bag too. He gets sweaty after practice!
We’ve been at our healthiest since we stumbled onto essential oils.
Want to find out how I use essential oils in our everyday life? In this free email course, I’ll tell what essential oils are, how to use them to improve your life as they have mine, and which oils are best for beginners.
If you want to learn more about essential oils, register now for my free 14 Day email course: Essential Oils 101
I use these to wipe the equipment: Disinfecting gym wipes
Do you want to maintain your fitness goals? Track your progress and plan your workouts with my popular Fitness Journals
My favorite running shoes for my flat feet: Brooks Ghosts