Here’s an easy idea for a personalized decoupage gift box.
It’s perfect for giving to moms or daughters!
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000YYZP34″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Dollar store paper box[/easyazon_link]. This one came with glitter and sequins. Perhaps I’ll save that for another project.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B001IKES5O” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Mod Podge[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000W5IACS” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Foam Brush[/easyazon_link]
- Scrapbook Paper
- –see note, you may want 2, 12×12 sheets of paper
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B001BKHHGS” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Scissors[/easyazon_link]
Directions for decoupaging the jewelry gift box:
Using scissors, cut your paper to it fits around and inside the box.
The easiest way to do this is to measure. My box is 2×2. If you add both the inside and outside of the sides, and a little extra, you need a 7×7 square. Like my math? 1+1+2+1+1=7
Cut the corners out of your square.
Do the same with the bottom. Note: I only had one piece of scrapbook paper so I had to do the bottom of the box a little differently. I was bummed but it still looks great. I had to piece together the scrap paper I had to cover the box. You’ll need two pieces of large scrapbook paper if you want to wrap the paper all the way to the inside.