If you are like me and spew clutter everywhere you go, you probably need these tips. If I didn’t live with two people who can’t think when there is clutter, my house would be a lot more peaceful…and a lot messier. But even though I swear up and down that I think better when there is chaos around me, a messy house can hinder me from being productive. It causes stress in the household and is a constant source of embarrasment.
If you want to have a clean home, but don’t seem to have enough time to do it, check out these tips for staying on track with cleaning your house that I got from a friend whose home is always clean.
10 Tips for Staying on Track with Cleaning your Home
- Write out a schedule – One of the only ways to stay on track with cleaning your house is to write out a schedule. I am part of a homemaking accountability facebook group and it does wonders at keeping me motivated to finish my list.
- Spend time each day cleaning – Spend time each and every day cleaning something in your home. It doesn’t have to be a long period of time, but something needs done every day so you can stay on track.
- Set a timer to clean in 15 minute segments – If you can’t get motivated to clean your home, then make sure you set a timer to clean it in 15 minute segments. It’s amazing what you can get done in that short period of time.
- Understand that not everything will be perfect – Your house is never going to be perfect. Kids will mess it up and your spouse won’t always put everything back. Keep this in mind as you try to stay on track with your house cleaning.
- Keep the counters as clear as possible- Keep things simple by putting away things that are on your counters.
- Stay as organized as you can (this one is not easy for me) – Don’t just throw things around, keep them as organized as you possibly can. If you aren’t blessed with the organization gene, enlist help. My 10 year old is amazing at sorting and organizing. He gives me tips all the time.
- Do what you can each day and let the rest go. If you aren’t the only one making the mess, then you shouldn’t be the only one cleaning it. The entire family should help.
- Every day, do things like sweep, wipe down counters, wash the dishes – There are things you will need to do every day to keep the house clean. Just make this a part of your everyday cleaning schedule.
- Always put something in your hand to put away while you walk around.
- Find the one cleaning task that you enjoy doing and do it first. When I do my one task first, I feel energized and motivated to keep going.
Bonus tip: Do a little each day so you don’t have to spend every weekend scrubbing your home. It’s always easier to do a little bit at a time than a lot at once.
Spring Cleaning Giveaway!
Because I LOVE great cleaning tips, tutorials, and products, I’ve decided to participate in an awesome spring cleaning giveaway with some amazing bloggers and [easyazon_link identifier=”B00I496FQW” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Bar Keepers Friend[/easyazon_link]! There will be seven winners total. There will be 6 runner-up prizes and one grand prize winner! Read on to discover what you could win!
Each of our 6 runnerup winners will receive the following:
- Speed Clean the Deep Clean: A Collection of Time-Saving Cleaning Tutorials and Tips for Busy Moms ($4.99)
- 1-Year Membership to The Organized Home: The Realistic Way to Manage a Home, Reduce Clutter and Clean Less ($49)
- Year-Round Cleaning List Binder
- The House Cleaning Planner ($2)
- Chore Charts for Kids
- Mom’s Life Binder ($17.99)
- Moms Planner ($4.99)
- Execu-Kid Life Planner ($8.99)
- Bar Keepers Friend Product ($3.50)
Details about each of these products are listed below!
Our Grand Prize winner will receive the following:
- iLIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner ($249.99 retail)
- Bar Keepers Friend Gift Basket (Valued at ~$15)
- All of the Digital Runnerup Prizes listed above (Valued at $88)
Enter in the Rafflecopter widget below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Spring Cleaning Giveaway Prizes
Speed Clean the Deep Clean from What’s up Fagans? contains more than 50 easy to use cleaning tutorials and cleaning tips for every room in your house! This book saves you from constantly googling and experimenting as Katelyn has done that for you and shares what actually works!
The Organized Home from Pulling Curls helps moms make realistic goals to make an impact in their own home & make life more manageable.
The Year-Round Cleaning List Binder from Tips from a Typical Mom. Just Say No to Spring Cleaning and keep a continually clean and organized home all year round instead with these awesome binder printables from Tips From a Typical Mom. This binder has daily, bi-weekly, weekly, bi-monthly, monthly, bi-yearly and yearly tasks that you normally don’t think about when cleaning your home. Get the kids involved and have a healthy home too!
The House Cleaning Binder from Sunny Day Family includes:
- Monthly un-dated calendar
- Weekly cleaning schedule page
- Daily cleaning to do list
- Weekly laundry schedule with deep cleaning checklist
- Spring Cleaning checklist by room
- Decluttering checklist
- Cleaning task planner stickers
Chore Charts for Kids from Happy and Blessed Home are toddler-friendly daily routine chore charts as there are almost no words and easy graphics.
Mom’s Life Binder from Life of a Homeschool Mom is one amazing binder to help the busy mom organize her entire life! With over 75 printable forms/pages, you will finally be able to take control over your schedule, household, finances and personal life. If you are ready to say goodbye to the chaos that stems from being unorganized and unprepared then the Mom’s Life Binder is for you!
Wunder-Mom Master Planner from Wunder-Mom is a printable calendar and planner just for moms!
Inside you will find:
- Meal Planning Calendar
- Daily/Weekly To-Do Trackers
- Shopping List
- School Tracker
- Sports Schedule and Practice Tracker
- Cleaning Checklist
All you have to do is print out as many sheets as you need and pop them into a binder! So easy to stay on top of everything in your family and household.
Execu-Kid Life Planner from Wunder-Mom is a complete student planner for the school year to help kids organize their schoolwork, homework, responsibilities, and goals!
- Full 12 Month Calendar that can be ordered according to your school year.
- Reading Log
- Homework Checklist
- Chore Checklist
- Spelling & Vocabulary Recording Sheets
- Mind Map Graphic Organizer
- Goal Planning Worksheet
- BONUS: Printable routine cards with daily routines and editable extras to add in your own cards. Made to be printed, laminated, and added to a single binder ring – just flip through them to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything on your way out the door!
[easyazon_link identifier=”B000V72992″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Bar Keepers Friend[/easyazon_link] Products are made in Indianapolis, IN and have been around since 1882! It uses the power of oxalic acid to clean all sorts of objects around your home. You can use it on stainless steel, copper, brass, glass, fiberglass, ceramic, tile, grout, chrome, Formica, porcelain, Corian, and more! It’s one of my favorite cleaning products as it’s so versatile and works so well.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01N9P4NH5″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]iLIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner[/easyazon_link] is one of the highest rated robotic vacuums on Amazon. With powerful suction, automatic scheduling, superior battery life (up to 140 minutes), low profile design that can get under couches and beds, quiet functioning, and ability to automatically adjust to different floor types, it’s a winner! This robotic vacuum is sure to help keep your house clean every single day, and probably better than you can clean as it does a great job of getting into corners and hard to reach places. This is sure to make a great addition to your home this spring!