If you are like me and spew clutter everywhere you go, you probably need these house-cleaning tips.
If I didn’t live with two people who struggle to think when there is clutter, my house would be a lot more peaceful…and a lot messier. But even though I swear up and down that I think better when there is chaos around me, a messy house hinders productivity. It causes stress in the household and is a constant source of embarrassment.
If you want to have a clean home, but don’t seem to have enough time to do it, check out these tips for staying on track with cleaning your house that I got from a friend whose home is always clean.
10 Tips That Will Make House-Cleaning Easier
- Write out a schedule – One of the only ways to stay on track with cleaning your house is to write out a schedule.
- Spend time each day cleaning – Spend time each and every day cleaning something in your home. It doesn’t have to be a long period of time, but something needs to be done every day so you can stay on track.
- If you can’t get motivated to clean your home, then make sure you set a timer to clean it in short spurts. It’s amazing what you can get done in that short period of time.
- Understand that not everything will be perfect – Your house is never going to be perfect. Kids will mess it up and your spouse won’t always put everything back. Keep this in mind as you try to stay on track with your house cleaning.
- Keep the counters as clear as possible- Keep things simple by putting away things that are on your counters.
- Stay as organized as you can (this one is not easy for me) – Don’t just throw things around, keep them as organized as you possibly can. If you aren’t blessed with the organization gene, enlist help. My 10 year old is amazing at sorting and organizing. He gives me tips all the time.
- Do what you can each day and let the rest go. If you aren’t the only one making the mess, then you shouldn’t be the only one cleaning it. The entire family should help.
- Every day, do things like sweep, wipe down counters, wash the dishes – There are things you will need to do every day to keep the house clean. Just make this a part of your everyday cleaning schedule.
- Always put something in your hand to put away while you walk around.
- Find the one chore when cleaning your house that you enjoy doing and do it first. When I do my one task first, I feel energized and motivated to keep going.
Bonus tip: Do a little each day so you don’t have to spend every weekend scrubbing your home. It’s always easier to do a little bit at a time than a lot at once.