Me and decoupaging go together like–well–paper and glue. Mod Podge is my best friend.
I like to share my decoupage ideas with you because I think it is the perfect craft for busy moms to do with their kids. It doesn’t require intricate detail, unless you want it to. It’s inexpensive. When scrapbook paper is on sale, I like to restock.
We used easy decoupage methods when we made our preschool filled Valentines and I loved our Christmas Map Ornaments. A coat or two of varnish makes a decoupage project look store bought if done correctly!
For this simple decoupage craft, I chose to go with pink X’s and O’s for two reasons. 1.) Valentine’s Day and 2.) My daughter absolutely loves pink. I know that this project would get used as a decoration in her room year round.
The following affiliate links are included for your shopping convenience.
Wooden letters (X & O)
Valentine’s scrapbook paper
Pink acrylic paint
Minwax glossy polycrylic (optional)
1. Paint all edges of your letters with your pink paint and let dry
2. Cut your Valentine’s scrapbook paper into small pieces
3. Use your finger to apply the mod podge to the wooden letters, apply a good amount to a small area at at time
4. Now start sticking on your paper scraps
5. Then paint over your paper scraps again with your finger
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until your letters are covered
7. Let your letters dry then they are ready to display!
For an extra special touch, after the project is dry paint on a coat of glossy varnish. Allow it to dry for a few hours and paint on a second coat. You’ll love how it looks!
I bet you’ll like these crafts too!
Saint Patty’s Day Burlap Wall Sign
Love how these come out! Might try the same method with my own initial! #ThoughtfulSpot
Emma recently posted…Thoughtful Spot #124