You know how every time a storm comes through the kids get a little crazy? Are mine the only ones who seem to lose their minds when they are stuck inside the house for a couple of days?!
The weather this week has trapped us at home for a couple of days. I didn’t realize how much I rely on our time outside each day. I nearly lost my mind from the constant bickering.
We did venture out to a summer reading program show at the Public Library. It was packed so I am guessing the other moms were also tired of having the kids inside!
It was the perfect opportunity to do some experimenting with new gluten free Chocolate Cheerios. We love the Banana Nut Cheerios Balls that we make so we thought we would try a new variation of the beloved peanut butter Cheerio balls.
I partnered with General Mills to share it with you all! This little snack was a big hit with the entire family!
Rocky Road Cheerio Balls
Affiliate links are included for your shopping convenience.
- 1/2 cup pureed almonds with 1 TBL raw honey OR 1/2 cup [easyazon_link identifier=”B009JZRM1M” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Almond Butter[/easyazon_link] or [easyazon_link identifier=”B003ZWI61U” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]1/2 c natural peanut butter[/easyazon_link]
- 5 cups [easyazon_link identifier=”B0043E9MR6″ locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]Chocolate Cheerios[/easyazon_link]
- 3 TBL Butter
- 1/4 c almond pieces (optional)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000H227SY” locale=”US” tag=”scrugcorne-20″]dark baking chocolate[/easyazon_link](optional)
- 1/2 10 oz bag mini marshmallows and 1/4 c marshmallows set aside
Heat butter on medium until melted.
Add the almond butter/puree to the melted butter.
Add the marshmallows.
Stir until the marshmallows are melted.
Turn off the heat.
Add the Cheerios, almond pieces, and remaining marshmallows.
Wet your hands (or you’ll regret it later….). Wet hands will make it easier to shape the Cheerios mixture into bite size balls. Or you can spray your hands with cooking spray before shaping the balls.
Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle it over the finished balls.
The gluten free selection from General Mills is growing! Now they’ve added Lucky Charms and Chocolate Cheerios to the Cheerios and Chex families that are gluten free.
Be sure to download my free 50 healthy snacks for kids printable. Kids are always hungry in the summer!