I am joining in the Ask Away Friday Fun this week! Ask Away Friday is a fun link up where bloggers trade questions in order to get to know each other better. This week I am pairing up with Echo from The Domain of the Mad Mommy. I cannot remember exactly how we met but I know that I love connecting with her on twitter and Google Plus. It looks like we have a lot in common! Read on to see what she asked and how I answered!
1. Scruggbug Corner is such a unique blog name. How did you come up with it?
My last name is Scruggs and Scruggbug Corner sounds very babyish to me. It was originally the name of a baby clothes eBay store that I ran over ten years ago. Then it became the name of my newborn photo prop etsy store. I had the domain so when I started blogging it was a logical choice. Over the last six months the name of my blog has been a constant source of anxiety for me. I felt trapped by the name so when it became apparent that my blog posts really fell into two categories, kid’s crafts/activities and kid organization versus parenting/motherhood/JA articles splitting my blog into two seemed a better choice. Scruggbug Corner will keep the crafty posts and I am hoping that my readers that prefer my mothering posts (aka my “wordy” writings) will join me at Metamomphosis, it is about mothering through the many changes in life.
2. If you had the opportunity to learn 1 thing (only 1 thing) in the blink of an eye, what would you choose to learn?
3. Tell me about your top 3 travel destinations and why they are your favorites/dreams.
4. If you had to cook me a dish that showed me “who you are” what would you cook?
5. You have a pool. I am insanely jealous! Other than swimming, how do you spend your summers?
6. You craft a lot! How do you find inspiration for crafting?
7. Show off the 3 crafts that you are the most proud of.