Little accents can make a big difference. Are you looking for a simple, and cost effective, piece of decor for your Thanksgiving Tablescape or want to add some flair to your Autumn decor? Try this easy Apple Votive Holder. I love it for it’s simple country charm. As you can tell from my fascination with burlap, I lean towards the simple and natural.
Supplies needed for the DIY Apple tea light holder:
Fresh apple of choice, look for a medium to large size
Serrated knife for easy cutting
Battery operated or real tea light candle
Twine or ribbon
Hot glue, glue gun
Related: Cozy Crafts for Fall
1. Begin by cutting out the stem of the apple as well as ¼ of an inch around the stem. It is best to start small and check if the candle will fit because you can always make the area bigger.
2. Take the knife and carefully clean out the cut area. Check and see if the candle fits and if not, continue to make adjustments.
3. Once the hole in the top of the apple is the appropriate size, press the candle into place. Gently put pressure on the candle with your thumbs until it is snug and secure.
4. Add a silk leaf to the front of the apple. You can secure it in place with glue.
5. Finish the piece by tying some jute twine around the apple. Secure into a bow.
There you have it! It is as easy as apple pie. As a matter of fact, why don’t you steal an apple out of the bag you bought for the pies?
What a creative idea! With my luck I’d forget about it and get fruit flies, though – lol! Thanks for sharing at the Thoughtful Spot!
Emma recently posted…Quiet Time Activities for Still-Sick Kids
I have a trick for fruit flies or rather a super lazy girl hack. I never completely finish a bottle of wine by myself before it goes bad so I just leave the unopened bottle on the counter over night. Fruit flies fly in and don’t come out!
This is so adorable and simple! I pinned it and am totally making these for Thanksgiving!
Echo recently posted…Currently…
This would make a great addition to the Thanksgiving day tablescape. Such a cute idea!
becka recently posted…Holiday Gift Guide – Ugly Snuglies Krazy Kitty
This is really cute! How long will it last? I pinned & stumbled!
Kristen recently posted…Why Are You So Hard on Yourself?
I wouldn’t let it sit for more than a few days. I didn’t test it to see lol. I imagine that it would last longer in colder climates than it would further south.